Call for paper - International Conference 2017 on Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development Aug. 18-20, 2017, GSES, Seoul National University
Happy City, Happy Life
Everybody wants to live a good and happy life. A well-planned, well-run city can make people happier. To a degree, city-making is related to human happiness. Urban happiness has been argued to promote joy, health, freedom, resilience, equality, and social connections, among others. Under the umbrella idea of happiness, this symposium will integrate various areas of urban discourses and practices. Four thematic investigations such as healthy city, stimulating city, smart city and just city will encompass diverse layers of urban knowledge and technology and tackle emerging issues in the practices of spatial planning and sustainable development.
A happy city has four main pillars. It is defined as:
A healthy city in which people
- are insulated from environmental challenges such as energy security issues and climate change
- live in a setting resilient to external impacts
- can easily walk, meet, and live with other residents
- are located close to nature
A stimulating city in which people
- can easily explore their own historical background and identity
- share diverse experiences and cultures
- come up with creative ideas and innovate in their daily lives
A smart city in which people
- conveniently, comfortably and safely travel to their destinations
- easily perform their intended roles and have access to social and individual opportunities and resources
- readily access big data and networking systems, smart facilities and infrastructure, and information technologies
- equitably share the benefits/services of the city in diverse social and cultural groups
- evenly take responsibilities for the production and distribution of the benefits/services
- participate in the planning and management process of the city in a cooperative manner among a variety of stakeholders
Conference 2017 Chairman
Prof. Kyung-Jin Zoh， Seoul National University
Conference 2017 Vice Chairman
Prof. Yong-Hoon Son, Seoul National University
Prof. Seung-Hong An, Hankyung National University
- Green Infrastructure / Resilient Cities
- Open Space Planning
- Active Design / Healing Landscape
- Cultural Landscape / Historical Preservation
- Urban Regeneration
- Creative Industry
- Smart Technology / Big Data
- Urban Modeling / Planning Support System
- Social Diversity / Governance
- Inclusive Design
- Community Planning & Design
- No limit to the above topics..
For full paper submission and afterconference publication
- Deadline for abstract (no more than 800 words)：15th Feb, 2017 -> extended to March 15, 2017. (The acceptance letters for authors who submitted their abstracts before Feb., 15 will be sent out before the extended deadline, March 15.)
- Notification for the acceptance of abstract：28th Feb, 2017 -> Acceptance Letters for Submissions after 15th, Feb will be sent out on March 31, 2017.
- Deadline for full paper：15th May, 2017 -> Extended to May 30, 2017
- There will be a review process for afterconference publication and deadline for revised manuscript
For abstract only and oral presentation
- Deadline for abstract (no more than 800 words)：15th May, 2017
- Notification for the acceptance of abstract：15th June, 2017
Please use Easychair online submission system for SPSD2017
SPSD 2017 paper submission and review process is conducted in the following manner:
1) Full paper submission
SPSD 2017 requires authors to submit the title, list of authors, a brief abstract (about 800 words), and a list of 3-6 keywords for each paper before the abstracts submission deadline. Authors can update the above information when submitting the full-length paper.
The length of each paper should not be longer than 18 pages following the format given in the paper template.
Submission of the paper abstract and the full-length paper must be done electronically.
Paper submissions will be reviewed by experts in their respective research fields selected by the conference committee.
2) Afterconference publication
If you like to cooperate with us for after conference publication, please select the option when you submit your full paper. A review process will be conducted and review reports will send out for further revision. Selected papers will be published with international journals indexed in SCOPUS, such as IRSPSD International, IJSSoc and others.
3) Abstract only
SPSD 2017 requires authors to submit the title, list of authors, a brief abstract (about 800 words), and a list of 3-6 keywords before the abstracts submission deadline.