Call for paper - International Conference 2019 on Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development Aug. 30 - Sept. 1, 2019, Chiba University, Japan
Urban and Landscape Resilience
World urban and rural areas have a lot of common subject to solve. For example, how to do spatial planning that enables sustainable development while controlling environment and ecosystem degradation by the rapid change of local population and economics, how to prepare the measures to mitigate and adapt climate change and serious urban heat island effect, etc. Particularly in Asian region there are still many urban and rural areas that are vulnerable to natural hazards such as wind and flood damage, and have problems such as poverty, insanitation, crime prevention, etc., and this has hindered sustainable development. Therefore, “Urban and Landscape Resilience” was set as the main-theme of the conference, because it is urgent to enhance the resilience of urban spaces and landscapes and to form a safe and secure community. Sharing the results of the latest interdisciplinary research related to this theme will be a meaningful attempt to further promote sustainable development in each country.
Conference 2019 Chairman
Prof. Tsuyoshi Honjo, Chiba University
Conference 2019 Vice Chairman
Prof. Katsunori Furuya, Chiba University
Assoc. Prof. Noriko Akita, Chiba University
Assoc. Prof. Takeshi Kinoshita, Chiba University
Topics are the followings, but not limited to:
- Resilient urban form / disaster prevention and mitigation
- Urban climate and mitigation of heat island
- Green infrastructure and ecological urbanism
- Sustainable transport and mobility
- Cultural landscape / sustainable tourism
- Resilience indicator and geospatial analysis
- Urban modeling / planning support system
- Community design / inclusive design
- Social and cultural diversity / governance
For full paper submission and after conference publication
• Deadline for abstract (no more than 800 words)：15th February, 2019
• Notification for the acceptance of abstract：15th March, 2019
• Deadline for full paper：15th May, 2019
• There will be a review process for after conference publication and deadline for revised manuscript
For abstract only and oral-poster presentation
• Deadline for abstract (no more than 800 words)：20th May, 2019
• Notification for the acceptance of abstract：20th June, 2019
SPSD 2019 paper submission and review process will be conducted in the following manner:
1) Full paper submission
SPSD 2019 requires authors to submit the title, list of authors, a brief abstract (about 800 words), and a list of 3-6 keywords for each paper before the abstracts submission deadline. Authors can update the above information when submitting the full-length paper.
The length of each paper should not be longer than 18 pages following the format given in the paper template.
Submission of the paper abstract and the full-length paper must be done electronically.
Paper submissions will be reviewed by experts in their respective research fields selected by the conference committee.
2) After conference publication
If you like to cooperate with us for after conference publication, please select the option when you submit your full paper. A review process will be conducted and review reports will send out for further revision.
3) Abstract only (oral-poster presentation)
SPSD 2019 requires authors to submit the title, list of authors, a brief abstract (about 800 words), and a list of 3-6 keywords before the abstracts submission deadline.