Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other legal travel documents and who intend to stay in Taiwan for no more than six months for the purposes of transit; tour; visit relatives; undertake visits; undertake inspection tours; attend international conferences; conduct business; pursue short-term study; undertake short-term employment; undertake short-term missionary work; and engage in other activities in Taiwan as approved by MOFA..
- A passport valid for at least six months;
- A duly completed application form with two photos taken within the past six months;
- An outbound airline ticket or verifiable proof of purchase of steamship ticket ;
- Documents verifying the purpose of visit; and
- Other relevant documents.
- For foreign nationals from the countries with which has entered into reciprocal visa agreements, the validity of their Visitor Visas shall be decided in accordance with these agreements.
- For other foreign nationals, a Visitor Visa is generally valid from three months up to one year.
Duration of stay
- Fourteen days
- Thirty days
- Sixty days
- Ninety days
- For foreign nationals from the countries with which has entered into reciprocal visa agreements, the visa is issued gratis.
- For other foreign nationals, the visa fees are: single entry: NT$ 1,600 (US$ 50); multiple entries: NT$ 3,200 (US$ 100).
- NT$5,120(US$160 )，currently only for American passport holders.
Visitor Visa holders who are permitted to stay in Taiwan for sixty or ninety days and whose visas bear no such remark as "no extension will be granted" may apply at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency for a maximum of 120 or 90 days of extensions.
On-line application form:
Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs